My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Trouble Twisters (Novel) by Garth Nix and Sean Williams

This first novel about twins Jade and Jack Shield is the kind of young adult fantasy we're all looking for but unfortunately the writing hampers the storytelling and what Garth Nix and Sean Williams give us is a cramped adventure without any pacing.  These guys do know how to write, creating a wonderful world worth checking out; I just wish they'd have spent less time trying to pump up the confusing action at the end.  There's some good mystery though and I'll admit I want to read the second book coming out next year.  But they're going to need to stop rushing the story because it's not exciting to read it's a dizzy chaotic experience.  Grade: B

No comments:

Post a Comment