My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Monday, November 7, 2011

Camelot (1967)

King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table as a Musical.  While very much dated and long, this is a wonderful film worth watching if you like musicals, especially '60s musicals.  Richard Harris is awesome as King Arthur and Vanessa Redgrave might be the best Guinevere I've seen on the big screen.   The music is typical of that time with most of it being really good and a couple songs being unnecessary (The Lusty Month of May for example).  Great visuals, fantastic acting, what can more can you ask for (besides being a little shorter).  What I enjoyed most about this film was how it inspired me to go back and read the original tale. Grade: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment