My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Bridemaids (2011)

Kristen Wiig is a star, or at least she becomes one after this female version of the Hangover, that in many ways is better.  Written by Wiig and Annie Mumlo, it's about time the girls show us how a raunchy comedy is really done.  Not that it's a slam dunk, while there's many hilarious moments, it's about 10 long and falls into some formula motifs that make it kind of predictable.  But when you have the comic talents of Melissa McCarthy at your disposal, it's hard to fail.  That chick is amazing!  I was also delighted to see how funny Rose Bryne is, who I've know mostly for drama.  A strong cast of characters, a nice love story between Wiig and Chris O'Dowd and you have one good time.  Not recommended though for those who dislike raunchy comedies.  Grade: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment