My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Buffy The Vampire Slayer (Season 6) - Series Review

Buffy has been ripped from the afterlife and brought back to slay again, only to battle her greatest foe in the series so far.  This is the best season of Buffy.  It has it all!  The Spike situation is intense and intoxicating.  Willow's battle with the dark arts and its seduction is amazing and unpredictable.  What is there not to like?  What's especially great about this season is the build to its conclusion which is driven by pure story and is perfectly executed.  Bravo!  Grade: A+

Spoilers: Okay, let's clear the air, I'm a musical fan so the all-Musical episode (One More Time, With Feeling) floored me.  It's the second best episode of the series and if there's one episode I plan to watch again and again it's that one.  Other great episodes: "All the Way" where Dawn sneaks out of the house, "Tabula Rasa" where Willow makes everyone forget, "Smashed" where Spike and Buffy hook up, "Older and Far Away" or what I refer to as the Luis Buñuel inspired episode, "Normal Again" where Buffy believes her life is a delusion and of course the last three episodes starting with "Seeing Red" where the dark Willow is unleashed.  Wow!  What I applaud the writers for pulling off the most is the Buffy/ Spike love story.   When I started to realize that they were going to have Buffy and Spike fall in love I thought to myself, that's a great idea but how the heck are they going to make it work.  Well, they do make it work and I have to say I'm more a Spike/Buffy fan then an Angel/ Buffy fan now.   

No comments:

Post a Comment