My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Buffy The Vampire Slayer (Season 2) - Series Review

For me, this is the first real season of Buffy.  The introductions are over, now let's get to business.  And does Whedon and company know how to get to business.   This is as satisfying as television can get.  Everything from from the first season is taken to the next level.  What's especially great about this season is seeing Angel's development and turn.  I don't want to ruin it for those newbies out there but they really take teenage angst and transfer it in a dramatic way.  After I watched this season I couldn't imagine they'd be able to put out a season as good.  Boy, was I wrong.  There are three seasons better than this one and I'm still only a few episodes through the seventh.  It's amazing at how easy the writers make what it is they're doing look.  Grade: A.

Spoilers:  What a fantastic finish. Seeing Buffy kill the man she loves just as he turns good again is cruel and beautiful at the same time.  Many great episodes but two that stand out are "Halloween" and "I Only Have Eyes For You".

No comments:

Post a Comment