My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Stolen Kisses (1968)

Francois Truffaut’s second and half film about Antonie Doinel is the kind of sequel you rejoice not because he made it but because he succeeded at making it as good as the first one.   Jean-Pierre Leaud is grown up and falling for women just as he was in the last segment, the short Antoine and Colette.   Here he works for a detective agency while dating Christine Darbon (played by the beautiful Claude Jade).  Jean-Pierre Léaud proves that he's become an accomplished actor with strong comic gifts.  And to think I get to follow this character for two more films, what a treat.  It'll be interesting to see where Truffaut takes Antonie Doinel.  All I hope is that the love story between Antonie and Christine lasts.  Grade: A      

 

No comments:

Post a Comment