My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Friday, March 15, 2013

Fists in his Pocket (1968)

I'm not sure how to classify this strange drama that at times feels like a black comedy.  Marco Bellocchio's debut film about a young man's desire to kill his entire family.  It has a blending of various tones and because of that it's hard to grasp what's going on in the main character's head.   This is why it's such an intriguing film, the kind of experience that stands out.  I enjoyed this film a lot and think it's worth watching a second time even.  Grade: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment