My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Next Three Days (2010)

Russell Crow stars as the husband of a woman (played by Elizabeth Banks) wrongfully accused of killing her boss.  After losing all her appeals he decides the only thing left is to break her out of prison.  But how does a school teacher do this?   Lots of research and fumbling around making mistakes after mistakes.  Paul Haggis writes and directs this prison escape film and I have to say it's a strong balance of drama and thriller.  I wouldn't say it's predictable but there are a lot of obvious clues that telegraph what's going to happen.  In the end I was very entertained and recommend it for anyone in the mood for a believable one-man Mission-Impossible-type movie.  Grade: A-.

No comments:

Post a Comment