My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Del Toro Denied (Commentary)

It has come to my attention that Universal has rejected Guillermo del Toro's proposal to adapt for the silver screen H.P. Lovecraft's At The Mountains of Madness.  I am greatly disappointed.  When he left the production of the Hobbit, I was saddened but accepted that with Peter Jackson at least the project was in good hands (if not the best ones).  "At least," I thought, "he'll now be able to devote his attention to his true masterpiece."   Alas, even with James Cameron as producer and Tom Cruise signing on to star, Universal shot him down.   True it was going to be a rated R horror film that was going to coast 150 million dollars, but come on, this is a genius here.  Del Toro says he isn't giving up, but the longer we have to wait the less likely he'll make it.   What a shame.  If this isn't ever made, or it's made by some less capable director, it will go down as another example how Hollywood screwed up.  Trust me, if Del Toro makes this film, they will come, even if it is rated R. 

No comments:

Post a Comment