My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Inside Job (2010)

Where to even begin?  After watching this engaging, enraging film all I can think is that this country isn't really about We the People anymore.  Today the constitution should just read We the Banks of America.   Decades of deregulations and this country, and the world it influences, is toast.  I want to be optimistic but how can you when there's nothing to do.  You can't elect anyone into office to change anything, because all the politicans on both sides are put into the running by those who have the money, the very people who are ruining this country.  When the rest of the world tries to learn from what happend in 2008 by forming better regulation laws, the Obama adminstration pretends like everything is fine now.  Don't we ever learn?  The real question is why don't we punish people for screwing up, fine the billionaires for committing to shady practices?   Every CEO of any of the firms that sold lousy stocks and then bet against those same stocks should be in prison.   Imagine if I sold a car with defective brakes to some one and then turned around and made a series of bets with another guy that said car would break down any minutes?  Isn't that a scam?  That's what happened here.  Grade: A.

No comments:

Post a Comment