My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Date Night (2010)

Tina Fey and Steve Carell play a married couple who try to break from their usual routine by going into the city for a romantic night away from the kids.   Yet when they decide to claim the reservation of another couple their life is turned up side down.   A relate able concept with a lot of laughs, I was surprised by all the average reviews.   I really enjoyed this comedy and I am confused why anyone wouldn't find it funny.  In my view Tina Fey and Steve Carell have great comic chemistry and I'd love them to star in a series of buddy comedies.   They are a good team.  I also loved the many cameos.   Grade: B+. 

No comments:

Post a Comment