My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Friday, February 18, 2011

Hors de prix [Priceless] (2006)

I'm a sucker for a good romantic comedy.  I'm man enough to admit it.  It's one of those genres that always pleases me, even average or just plan bad ones satisfy my need for formulaic love.  So it was no surprise that I fell for this film.  Audrey Tautou is especially good as the gold-digging, high-maintenance seductress looking for security in a rich man.  She's so fun to watch on screen.  But she's a fine actress too because this character is nothing from her other films.  Then there is Gad Elmaleh who with nerdy awkwardness almost steals the show, as the man who loves a girl he can never afford.  Great music, fun script and lots of clever laugh out loud moments, this film is worth the expense.  Grade: A.

No comments:

Post a Comment