My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

True Love (1989)

An indie comedy that turns serious about an Italian/ American couple getting married.  Annabella Sciorra and Ron Eldard star and give break out performances.   I wouldn't call this one a romantic comedy since these two love birds don't really love each other, they're more in love with the idea of being in love and getting married because it's the thing to do at their age.  I haven't seen any other films directed by Nancy Savoca and I'll have to check something else of hers out.  Overall I enjoyed this film for its energy and messy, unpredictable characters.  Grade: B+ 

No comments:

Post a Comment