My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Monday, May 6, 2013

Iron Man 3 (2013)

Robert Downey Jr. is Iron Man and this third entry makes it clear it will be hard to replace him if Marvel ever wishes to look for another actor.  A superhero film with wit and pleasurable action, I was reminded of the first time this hero showed himself on screen.  What I loved most about this one is that there is some real suspense.  Tony Stark must investigate and fight even without the suit.  At times you really feel like he's in danger.   It helps that the director and writer, Shane Black, selected such an evil villain to spare with.  Pepper Potts even gets in on the fun, being more than just the girl who gets in the way.  While the Iron Man Trilogy will never be as a monumental as the Dark Knight Trilogy by Christopher Nolan this one does help close a loop for a quality trilogy of its own.  Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment