My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Saturday, May 11, 2013

La Collectionneuse (1967)

The next film in Eric Rohmer's Six Morale Tales series follows Patrick Bauchau as he spends his holiday in a remote villa becoming obsessed with his friend's girlfriend who's staying there too, played by a very beautiful Haydée Politoff.   His obsession with her is both contempt for her using of men and sexual jealously for he'd like to be one of those she uses.  It's not the best of the series so far but still a remarkable work for creating such distinctive characters.  Grade: A- 

No comments:

Post a Comment