My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Sunday, April 14, 2013

The Twilight Zone (Season 2)

I just finished another brilliant season from this classic Rod Sterling landmark television program.  I would have to say overall this one is on par with the last season, proving how great writing is enjoyable and inspiring no matter when it was made.   The best episodes are "The Eye of the Beholder" (A woman awaiting for the results of her plastic surgery", "Nick of Time", (a man obsessed over little fortune-telling machine), "The Trouble With Templeton"(an aging actor goes back in time to the good old days), "Dust" (a western), "Back There" (a man goes back in times to save Lincoln), "Hundred Yards Over the Rim" (a western pioneer jumps to the future) and "The Silence" (a bet between two gentlemen).   The only bad ones are    "The Thing About Machines" and "The Night of the Meek".   What a great show.  I can't wait to start watching the third season.  Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment