My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Man Who Came To Dinner (1941)

The rude guest that just won't go away makes up the plot for this hilarious and witty comedy starring Monty Woolley as the formidable Sheridan Whiteside, a radio host that becomes a couple's live-in nightmare after hurting his back slipping on their front stairs. Bette Davis is his assistant who falls in love with the local newspaper reporter but Whiteside would rather not lose her so begins to conspire ways spoil the love affair.  There's much to enjoy about this film, especially Whiteside's sharp tongue insulting those he considers his inferiors (meaning everyone).  Grade: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment