My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Sahara (1943)

Humphrey Bogart commands a group of soldiers who must hold off an entire division of German troops in the African desert.  This is one of those classic WWII thrillers where a rag-tag group must come together and perform an impossible task.  The film still holds up as one of the best of its kind.  It's brilliant in its way of letting you care about each of the characters and in upping their stakes with each stage, whether it be the lack of water, the scorching heat or an approaching enemy.  Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment