My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Saturday, June 2, 2012

The Trip (1967)

Roger Corman directs a screenplay written by Jack Nicholson about a commercial director experimenting with LSD.   All is supervised until he escapes out into the streets of LA.  Peter Fonda, Bruce Dern and Dennis Hopper star in a time when they weren't stars yet.  Mostly the only reason to watch this film is out of curiosity.  It's not very good and while the psychedelic lighting and editing techniques seemed "hip" back in the sixties it's very annoying today.   Grade: C.

No comments:

Post a Comment