My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Snow White and the Huntsman (2012)

Inspired by films like Lord of the Rings and Princess Mononoke, Rupert Sanders reinvents of a fairy tale for a new generation.  Charlize Theron plays the Evil Queen, Kristen Stewart plays the title character and the Huntsman is played by Chrs Hemsworth.   Visually this film is impressive with some incredible transformations for the Evil Queen.  The Dark Forest alone is worthy of praise.  I really enjoyed this movie, even if it's so predictable.  I was talking with some friends and admitted it's hard to criticize a film for being predictable when everything that happens is what you want to see happen.  My one major complain with the film is that Snow White's character arch seemed underdeveloped.  Grade: B+

Spoilers: Note to film makers: sure it's cool that you can take an actor of average height and make them into a dwarf but with so many unemployed actors of smaller frame needing work the creation of the seven dwarfs in this film kind of irked me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment