My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Burn Notice (Season 4)

Episodic television is very repetitive.  Unless you change things up and expand on the overall story it loses its entertainment value no matter the premise.  I was worried that this would happen with this spy show, about ex-spy Michael Weston on his quest to find those who had him burned, but thankfully the producers added a new character to spice things up and gives us a promise of a larger conspiracy.  The new character Jesse, also a burned spy, brings tension and a minor love triangle with Fiona which is almost believable.  It will be interesting to see how long they can sustain this premise.  Hopefully they don't run it into the ground.  Grade: B+ 

No comments:

Post a Comment