My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Vampire Diaries (Season 2)

Like potato chips, you can’t just have one and maybe that’s why I decided to fall back under the spell of this supernatural CW teen drama.   I guess I wanted to see another season was because I did enjoy the vampire mythology the writers were spinning and I must say I was pleasantly entertained this second time too.   It helps that the main characters are developed enough for me to want to see their continued struggles just like any good show.   (That’s right; I’m calling this show good, because it is.)  Here the love triangle between Elena, Stefan, and Damon is complicated with the addition of Katherine, the vampire that turned the two brothers.   We learn that Elena is Katherine’s doppelganger which explains why they look just like each other.   And we’re introduced to the Originals.  Sure the show still has its annoyances as stated from my review of the first season but as a high school vampire drama this one hits the spot when you’re looking for that kind of thing.   It’s okay to have a bag of potato chips from time to time.   Grade: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment