My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Religulous (2008)

Bill Maher attacks religion and the result is terrific.  The mocking of the faithful might not be everyone’s cup of tea, but if seeing a Jesus mascot at a Christian amusement park get crucified on a daily basis like a Disneyland parade and listening to a Born-again talk about Jonah being swallowed by a fish not a whale is funny to you then this is the film to see.   My only problem with the film is that they didn’t go far enough.  I loved the personal touches like Maher talking with his mother about his growing up, but I feel like there was so much more out there for him to investigate.  Maybe he’ll make a sequel.  At the same time how many ways can you say the same thing?  Mainly religion is a joke.   Grade: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment