My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Paint Your Wagon (1969)

When I ever heard about this film I snickered, thinking it was a joke.  Clint Eastwood in a musical?  But I kept seeing it recommended on a few lists and decided I should give it a chance.  Some bad movies are a hoot.  Surprise!  This movie is great.  It’s the musical western about two prospectors sharing the same woman.   The western town of No Name City is a massive spectacle full of great quirky characters and enjoyable music.  I’m a musical guy so if you don’t like people singing in your movies for no reason then skip this one but if you like musicals then check it out.  It’s a fun movie that turns out made a lot of money when it came out (who knew).   I’m still scratching my head trying to figure out how I came to think of this movie as a failed musical because it certainly is not.  Grade: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment