My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Continuum (Season 1)

Time travel is such a great concept and it’s always fun to see it used for a television show.  This Canadian production stars Rachel Nichols as a police officer from 2077 who accidently gets sent back to the Present with a terrorist group.  Now with the help from a teenage genius played by Erik Knudsen who can connect to her brain from his home super computer via an implant she must pretend to be a government investigator so she can stop the terrorists from changing her timeline.   The production value is excellent and while the writing isn’t consistent, it’s still an entertaining work of science fiction.   Mrs. Nichols shows promise as the lead, reminding me of the last season of Alias when I assumed she’d be the next big star.   As with all time travel entertainments you can’t get too caught up in the details, over think all the possible paradoxes such a situation would create and you’ll forget to just have a good time.  This is escapist fare and worth checking out.   I’m looking forward to the second season which for any television show means its doing something right.  Grade: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment