My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Top Ten Christmas Specials

Online I keep running into these best Christmas films list only see TV specials mixed in with feature films.   That is just wrong.   So here's a list of my top ten best Christmas TV specials. 

10. Mickey's Christmas Carol (1983) - This is my favorite use of Disney's classic characters and it just so happens to be Christmas themed.    

9.  Frosty's Winter Wonderland (1976) - The Rankin/Bass production that continues the story of Frosty with Jack Frost mixed in as a villain. 

8. A Garfield Christmas (1987) - I'm a Garfield fan so this was always one of my favorites.

7. Blackadder's Christmas Carol (1988) - The bizzaro version of Scrooge as only the comic geniuses of Blackadder could pull off.  Hilarious. 

6. Rudolph the Reindeer (1964) - This first Rankin/Bass production will always stand out as a classic of the holidays.  It's also a great stop-motion animated gem.

5. A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965) - Some might say this should be higher and while it is a terrific film, for me it's the soundtrack that stands out the most. 

4. A Christmas Carol (1984) - George C. Scott is amazing in this and in my opinion this is the best adaption of Dicken's book to date.

3. A Wish for Wings That Work: An Opus Christmas Story (1991) - This is one of my favorites because it always made me laugh.  Just the look of Bill the Cat is enough to make me crack up.

2. Frosty the Snow Man (1969) - When I think of Frosty I think of this animated classic first.  I get the chills thinking about the end. 

1. The Grinch Who Stole Christmas (1966) - For me this is the best, a celebration of comedy, heart and the Christmas spirit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment