My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Family Fang by Kevin Wilson (Novel)

The premise of this book is hysterical.  Annie and Buster Fang are the children of unconventional performance artists Caleb and Camille Fang.  After a childhood participating in their parents "art pieces" which are really publicity stunts performed on innocent bystanders, they've grown up with real character issues of their own.  Only when events in their lives turn upside down and they return home to live with their parents will they be forced to confront who they are and where next they should head in life.  I started reading this book in the bookstore on a lark and before I knew it I had finished twenty pages with laughter rolling out of me every few paragraphs.  What I love about this book isn't just that it's funny but it's well-written with great incite.  I will certainly be looking out for Mr. Wilson's next book.  Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment