My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Georgy Girl (1966)

Lynn Redgrave stars as the title character, a free-spirited young woman living with her butler father teaching pre-schoolers and trying to be a good friend to a horrible girl friend played by Charlotte Rampling.  Tack on her father's boss played by James Mason trying to make her his mistress and you have the makings of a wonderful British comedy.  Based on a novel written by Margaret Forster and directed skillfully by Silvio Narizzano ( a director who never seemed to make anything as successful) this is one of those delightful films that should not be missed.  It had me entertained and laughing the whole way through.  Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment