My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Morning Glory (2010)

This is a flawed film.  I can't put my finger one why, but it is.  It shouldn't be: Rachel McAdams is adorable as a feisty morning show producer taking on the world to make a struggling morning news show less an embarrassment.  Even Harrison Ford delivers as a grumpy Tom Brokaw-like icon forced to co-anchor with Diane Keaton's charming diva.  It starts off well enough but McAdam's struggles become less entertaining and more annoying after awhile.  The love sub-plot with Patrick Wilson is too easy and way unnecessary, almost a distraction.  In the end I wanted to like this film a lot more than I did.  Unfortunately even a talent like McAdams can't keep an unfocused script from floundering.  Grade: C+

No comments:

Post a Comment