My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Biloxi Blues (1988) -Revisited

Mike Nichols directs an adaption of one of Neil Simon's best plays.  Having these two giant talents collaborating is enough of a reason to watch this delightful look down memory lane as a Jewish writer goes to boot camp.  Matthew Broderick is fantastic as is Christopher Walkens.  I saw this many years ago and wanted to see it again to see if it still held up, to see if it was still as funny as it was the first time I watched it.  It was.  Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment