My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Funny People (2009)

Adam Sandler plays George Simmons a fictional albeit grumpy version of himself in a buddy comedy/ drama about a rich and famous comedian (Sandler) becoming a mentor to a young standup comedian named Ira, played by Seth Rogen,   While there are too many immature jokes about dicks to be believed (I mean really, do male standup comedians talk about their peckers that much?   It seemed that eighty percent of the film's humor dealth with the male reproductive organ) and a run time about ten minutes too long, this is an enjoyable and refreshing comedy.  I just wish it could have been a tad bit tighter.  Grade: B   

No comments:

Post a Comment