My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Monday, September 3, 2012

The Girl Who Played With Fire (2009)

This adaptation of Stieg Larsson's novel continues the story of Lisbeth Salander (from The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo) by going deeper into her history while tangling her into a murder mystery that has all of Stockholm wheeling, including her old flame and friend  Mikael Blomkvist who must come to her defense.  A consistent follow-up to the last Swedish film with Nooni Rapace turning in an even better performance.  Knowing that Hollywood is still planning on doing their own version I can't help but wonder how they're going to screw this one up.   Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment