My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Fringe (Season 2)

J.J. Abrams X-Files wanna-be science fiction show remains consistent in its sophomore season and makes for inventive, fun and dramatic television. Olivia and Peter's relationship expands and gains ground with the sexual chemistry missing from the first season.  But it's the conflicted and tortured soul of  Walter Bishop who carries the weight of the story. Questions are answered and many possibilities await in the third season. Grade: A
Anyone out there who wants to try and convince me this isn't an X-Files clone dealing with parallell worlds instead of Aliens needs to remember the Shapeshifters from the X-Files.  Sure their blood was black instead of silver but it's practically the same.  I cried foul as soon as I saw it.  I don't mind that they're pretty much using some of the same devices from the '90s science fiction classic, but it is sort of obvious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment