My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Democratic National Convention (Commentary)

Many of the problems I had with the Republican Convention are evident here too.  Lots of rhetoric and patriotic pandering that doesn't do much for me.  The only real difference is that I tend to agree with these guys more than the others.  Michelle Obama loves her husband as much as Mrs Romney, it's just that she sounds more intelligent and modern saying it.  Ultimately I don't really need to write a whole lot because the best reason for this convention to exist was Bill Clinton's speech.   If you haven't seen it, you should, because it outlines exactly why Obama should remain the President.  More importantly he completely dismantles all the attacks Romney has used to try to brainwash the public.  What's really great is that most of his facts add up, that's right; he's telling the truth which is odd coming from a guy known for lying while under oath.  Joking aside, what an effective performance.  Obama's speech was also quite good, if a little slim on new goals; of course he's a wiser man now who knows how difficult it is to be President and one shouldn't make too many promises that will be difficult to keep.  It was an honest and humble speech from a man that's been scarred by political war.  All the optimism from the last time has been replaced by humility and a kind of wisdom that could lead us to a better tomorrow.   What a difficult place to be; he wants to do so much for his country but there's a large section of stubborn idiots unwilling to even listen to him.   Still I think he has it in him to keep up the good fight so I'll be voting for him.   He's the President we need right now and I'm proud to support him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment