My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Wristcutters: A Love Story

In a clever take on the after-life, or at least a specific part where all the people who commit suicide go, Zia lives a mundane "after-life" working at a pizza place.  He then learns that his ex-girl friend, Desiree, killed her self too so he goes on a quest to find her with Eugene, his Russian musician friend and Mikal, a hitchhiker who insist she was sent to this place by mistake.  I loved this movie for its originality and its quirky yet dry sense of humor.  All the music used is from musicians who committed suicide and there are other references through out.  And it's a love story, which works, and its because this that it becomes more than just an experimental concept, but a story worth watching.  Directed by Goran Dukić.  Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment