My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Girl Who Played With Fire (Novel) by Steig Stevson

The first book of this Swedish blockbuster was great with a rich complex mystery full of history and colorful characters.  This second book takes everything I liked about the first one but goes into overdrive.  Wow, I loved this book.  I stayed up late reading it, wondering what was going to happen to Lisbeth Salander and if Mikael Blomkvist would unravel the mystery of his former genius assistant.  Add some new characters, pump up the action, move the world of the story forward, expanding and enriching the characters already there and do it all with an easy-to-read style and you've got a winner.  And what an ending!  Grade: A 

No comments:

Post a Comment