My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sons of Anarchy (Season 2)

The Hamlet-like motorcycle gang serial drama continues but this time it's matured into something a little bit different.  The father's ghost theme is still apparent but with the introduction of white supremacists bad guys Ethan Zobelle (Adam Arkin) and A.J. Weetson (Henry Rollins) a revenge story-line takes over.  The biggest and most welcome development is with Tara Knowles who gets tough and starts to accept her place as Jax's "old lady".   In many ways this season is a slight improvement on an already thrilling show with a cliff-hanger that left me gasping (Hey, I didn't give anything away.)  Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment