My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Saturday, December 24, 2011

White Christmas (1954)

Irving Berlin brings his biggest hit, the song introduced in the film Holiday Inn, back again in this '50s Christmas spectacular directed by Michael Curtiz.  Bing Crosby is paired with Danny Kaye as entertainers who follow two women, Rosemary Clooney and Vera Ellen, to a Vermont inn owned by their former army General.  There's really no conflict in this pleasant sentimental film, it's just two guys falling in love as they prepare for a show meant to honor a friend.  I can see why some watch this for the holidays but it won't be one of my favorites.  Grade: B+ 

No comments:

Post a Comment