My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Misssion Impossible - Ghost Protocol (2011)

Tom Cruise is such a bad-ass.  God, I love the guy.  I don't care if he believes in Pink Monkeys from Mars, the guy defines what a Movie Star is.  Here he's in his prime playing a role he was just meant to play, Ethan Hunt - Super Spy.  While most franchises fade by the fourth adventure, here the opposite is true; the series is just getting better.  I had a feeling this would be a fantastic ride when I heard Brad Bird came on to direct (yes, he might have only directed Animation before this but they just so happen to be three of the best animated films ever).  This time around Ethan Hunt and his crew must stop a madman from starting a nuclear war.  Okay, I know what you're saying, hasn't this been done before?   Yes, but who cares.  This film is just pure fun and worth the movie ticket.  I happened to see it on an IMAX screen too and would recommend it; Bird uses the IMAX camera wonderfully.  Simon Pegg and Jeremy Renner are fantastic and I hope to see them in the fifth installment (and there will be a fifth one and I can't wait).  As a fan of the television show, I'm so pleased to see that the franchise is in good hands and flourishing.  Grade: A
 

No comments:

Post a Comment