My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Friday, December 16, 2011

Blogging Anniversary (Commentary)

Well, it's been a year of blogging and while I didn't blog every day I did write 275 blogs.   That was harder than I thought it would be.  Hopefully next year I can post them in a more timely manner and at least match that number.  A few things that make these kind of blogs hard is that sometimes I don't know what to say.  You can only say you loved or hated a movie so many ways.  I think for 2012 I'm going to worry less about that.  Sometimes a movie or book or TV show is entertaining but not really worthy of a lengthy "review".   Also I don't know if I like calling these brief "takes" on that which I'm writing about "reviews".   I'm not a reviewer, nor want to be.  I'm chronicling my storytelling experience and how it affects me.   That's it.  Still, as I write this I'm thinking it's a good thing to recommend something that might be ignored or warn those of something awful.   Well, I'm not going to over think it (although I probably should write a blog about the reasons for writing a blog someday).   Mostly this is a fun endeavor and an unique challenge.   The biggest thing is I don't want to be months behind anymore.  I need to post my blogs as soon as I write them, even if they're not expertly written.  Some might say that's unprofessional but I think of it as being more raw and true to life.   We'll see.  Then there's the question of my "audience".  I don't really have any.  I know of a few friends that have checked this blog from time to time, and that's great, but according to my status no one really checks.  Should this bother me?   It doesn't.  But for any of you out there who stumble upon these pages and keep reading, thanks.   And if you feel like it, post a comment; it doesn't have to be long just a quick symbolic nod that you're out there would be appreciated.  

No comments:

Post a Comment