My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Friday, December 2, 2011

It Came From Outer Space (1953)

When you hire Ray Bradbury you know you're getting a good science fiction story and that's what this is.  It still holds up for those who like retro '50s film making.  If you find that kind of thing "cheesy" and "dated" then you probably should skip it.  It's the story of a writer and his girlfriend witnessing the crash of a meteor only to learn when they investigate that it was an alien craft that fell from the sky.   Soon the visitors are stealing people and causing a havoc in town.  It's kind of funny how much of a big deal the "Alien" costume was back then, they actually burnt it after filming to keep it a surprise from the press.   Grade: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment