My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Gleaners and I (2001)

This documentary from famous French film maker Agnès Varda explores the concept of Gleaning, or the savaging of things being tossed as garage.  The term comes from the concept of farming peasants who collect anything left over after the harvest.  Varda then gives us a sampling of other versions of the same idea.  You wouldn't think watching people pick food out of the garage would be enlightening but it's all in how Varda does it, with a personal touch.  This film certainly makes our society look wasteful.  Grade: B+.

No comments:

Post a Comment