My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Thursday, December 29, 2011

A Midsummer's Night Sex Comedy (1982)

Woody Allen is the master of the pleasant movie experience, a light and charming antidote to the overwhelming in you face kind of film making that has taken siege of Hollywood in the last quarter century.   Here is a story of early 20th century couples pining for love with each others' lovers.  Woody Allen plays Woody Allen confronted with a missed opportunity (Mia Farrow) while dealing with the inadequacy of his marriage to a frigid woman (Mary Steenburgen).  Tony Robert is back playing Woody's best friend and Jose Farmer stops by to play the Professor that doesn't believe in anything mystical.   Great cast, lots of laughs, and tons to keep you entertained for 90 minutes.  Grade: B+.

No comments:

Post a Comment