My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Friday, December 23, 2011

R X-Mas (2001)

I don't know what Abel Ferrara was trying to do: make the worse Christmas drama ever made or make the worse gangster film ever made.  If you're in the mood for a Christmas drama, something that's not necessarily inspiring or uplifting but dramatic and thrilling, you won't find it here.  This is a pathetic film with only one redeeming part and that's the chemistry between the two leads, Drea de Matteo and Lillo Brancato.   Unfortunately they can't save this pointless film from failing.  Grade: C-  

No comments:

Post a Comment