My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Monday, May 23, 2011

Glee (Season1) 5/23

If you love musicals or even just music in general you most likely will fall in love with this program.  I did.  With wit and some nice corny zip the writers of this show playfully tell the story of Spanish teacher, Will Schuester's quest to take his high school Glee Club to the Nationals.  But then there's the celebrated Cheerleader coach played with nasty charm by Jane Lynch, who intends to do everything in her power to make sure he fails.  What's wonderful about this show, besides its comedy, is how it ventures into melodrama that's effective but never so strong as to steal from the show's groove.  The entire cast is perfect and the music selections are always entertaining.   Episode to episode you'll be tuning in to see what happens, it's a real blast. Grade: A.

No comments:

Post a Comment