My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Salt (2010)

Watch Angela Jolie kick some ass in another example of silliness from the Hollywood Fun Factory.   Experience a premise that has much promise, that being sleeper USSR spies embedded in America, get squashed by predictability and flaws in logic.  But that's okay because this is all for fun.  Safe, nothing risky or thought provoking fun.  Think Bourne Identity with a woman, a Bonnie Identity without guts.   Phillip Noyce sure knows how to create a sequence of dazzling spectacle and violence.  I just wish there had been something more. Grade: B.

No comments:

Post a Comment