My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Knight and Day (2010)

Tom Cruise doesn't age.  I mean, maybe a little but he's as fit as most twenty-year-olds.  And he still has it; the talent and charm to make even a movie like this better than it deserves.  What a silly little movie that surprises with how much fun it can be if you don't take it too serious.  Just go with the flow and let Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz take you for a wild ride.  Sure the plot has its holes and the villains are as two dimensional as most villains in a typical Hollywood action movie but the tone is enjoyable enough not to offend.  Grade: B+.

No comments:

Post a Comment