My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Little Fockers (2010)

Trilogies are hard to pull off.  This is why there are so many weak, incomplete examples.  For every Toy Story or Back to the Future trio there's The Matrix and American Pie films.   Little Fockers isn't as well-crafted as the first film, Meet the Parents, but is a huge improvement over its sequel, Meet the Fockers.  Enjoyable mostly because of the comic sparring between DeNiro and Stiller, the film loses steam toward the end when the writers and multiple egos (yes, I'm thinking of you Barbara) mess up what could have been a great ending to a comedy classic.  (Why so many story lines?)  Jessica Alba impressed me again in the second time this year with a really funny performance.  I think Alba found her calling, comedy.  Really when it was over I just wanted more of a definitive moment, a lasting impressing.  Instead the film ends the same way it starts, as a rambling moment.  Perfect for leaving it open for another sequel.  Grade: B.

No comments:

Post a Comment