My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Monday, January 10, 2011

Me & Orson Wells (2010)

Having studied Orson Wells' famous production of Julius Ceasar in school I was excited to see how Richard Linklater would direct this story. The result is an entertaining little film that's sort of a love note to the '30s and to the theater.  The best way to describe this movie is Shakespeare In Love without a love story.  I'm not convinced Zach Efron has the makings of a star yet but his performance here is serviceable.  The real impressive performance is McKay who plays Orson Wells.  He had the smile and the voice to match, wow, can he play anyone else again?   Also Tupper who plays Joseph Cotten looks just like the man.  Great casting  Solid director and more than adaqute screenplay.   Grade: B+.

No comments:

Post a Comment