My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The World's End (2013)

The third film from trio Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost tells the story of five thirty-somethings who try to relive their youth by succeeding to hit every pub in their hometown, a stretch 12 pubs known as the Golden Mile. What starts out as your typical buddy comedy quickly turns into something way more interesting and hilarious. I’d say more but it’s really fun not knowing what happens, since I didn’t know and I love the turn the film makes. Simon plays Gary King, the rebellious Peter Pan of the group who is suffering from alcoholism. Nick Frost plays his closest friend who had a falling out with Gary after an accident. If you’re a fan of Shawn of the Dead or Hot Fuzz you should love this film as much as I did. It’s silly, it’s fun, it’s exciting and it’s witty. Let’s hope these guys keep working together because they have a special magic. Now bring on Marvel’s Ant-Man which Wright is directing next. Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment